- I installed new reproduction bumper caps.
- I installed a new, three-pronged, heavy duty power cord.
- I dry tumbled all of the small metal parts to make them shiny.
- I polished all of the large metal areas with Never Dull.
- I polished the coin door with polishing compound and a drill.
- I repainted the legs gunmetal gray.
- I put on new leg levelers. These really add a nice touch to a game.
- I put in a new coin door lock.
- New rubber was installed.
- A new ball was put in to minimize playfield wear.
This was the first game that I ever restored. To be honest, I was totally amazed at the difference in the machine from before to after. This game was in good enough shape that it didn't need restoration, but after seeing the final product, I was hooked and decided that if a game was in fair or worse shape, I would attempt to restore it.
Also, I probably did a better job on this game than some subsequent games even though it was my first. I think that is because I really took my time and was super careful. As for the cabinet, it may be the second best I have done, running a close second to my Flash Gordon.